One of my favorite questions to ask is: what is God teaching you? It’s a question that excites me because it often strikes up the most fascinating conversations.
Take for example, a few months ago.
There we were, sandwiched between bananas and potatoes (with our kids destroying the joint) blurting out these challenging God lessons we were both learning. It was awesome!
At the end of that post I also posed the same question to all of you, encouraging you to email me with your responses. So that’s exactly what today’s devo is! It’s a list of what He’s revealing to you – with permission to share, of course.
What better way to hear about faith than from the mouths and hearts, and from the hard-learned lessons shared between fellow Christians.
“So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:10-11 (MSG)
So here’s what He’s revealing to some of you…
- Kathy: God expects us to come to Him with everything but sometimes it’s hard for us to hear that still small voice. That’s when our Christian brothers and sisters can be His vessels.
- Barb: No matter what, I want Jesus to walk beside me. Sometimes I don’t hold his hand as tightly as I should but I’m working on that. God is good. He is faithful. He is full of mercy and love. All of which I don’t deserve, but I am grateful.
- Curtis: People and circumstances change, but God is constant.
- Brigitte: Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. Rather, we should arrive thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow, what a ride!”
- Natalie: In our society it’s so easy to stay busy with everything (important or not) that we forget to rest and listen to Him. He is teaching me that I have gotten so caught up in my future plans that I have failed to take the time to make small choices today.
- Wendy: I am being taught who I am in Him. There are so many challenges… so many lies… and so many insecurities in my life right now, but I am truly finding my worth in Him and nothing will ever change that.
- Erin: To listen.
- Kim: I’m learning to trust that God is good. His love for me never changes. He’s got this. He’s got me. So I’m choosing to enjoy the ride.
- Jon: If walking with God doesn’t get me out of my comfort zone and challenge my faith and character, then I’m following Him from too great a distance.